Benicia CleanTEch EXPO
2060 Camel Road - Benicia Historical Museum
22 CleanNov 2nd, 1-5 PM
Nov 3rd, 10AM-4PM
Benicia CleanTech Expo is a collaboration with the City of Benicia's Office of Economic Development and Community Sustainability Commission in a partnership with the Solano Center for Business Innovation and
Benicia Historical Museum, and the Benicia CleanTech Steering Committee
Benicia's commercial-industrial sector has a lot to gain by sustainable business practices and in considering the value creation of Clean Technologies and Services. The win-win for Benicia is a low carbon, thriving economic sector.
Tech Exhibitors including
* CODA Automotive (2 cars, one will offer a ride along)
* 3D rapid prototyping demonstrations from F3
* California eBikes
* Wireless Broadband...in the Industrial Park
* Solar providers
* KIVA luggage (they will be selling great product)
Workshops on the half hour:
* Dominican University of California - CleanTech trends, marketing, etc
* Wattzon: Home energy audits
* Carbon Lighthouse: Commercial/Industrial energy audits
* Rae Lynn Fiscalini and David Subocz: Design opportunities for efficiency
* Doug Snyder: How to convert your bicycle to electric
Did I mention the Amazing prizes?
Nov 2 - iPad
Nov 3 - Electric Bicycle valued at $2000!
2012-10-26 "Benicia, California, Spaceship Earth: Road to the future" by Constance Beutel from "Benicia Herald"
Constance Beutel is chair of Benicia’s Community Sustainability Commission. She is a university professor and videographer and holds a doctorate from the University of San Francisco.
IN GETTING READY FOR THE FIRST-EVER Benicia CleanTech Expo next week, I put together a short video to help spread the word and to showcase the solid commercial and industrial heritage of our city.
One of the many proud sponsors of the CleanTech Expo is the Benicia Historical Museum. Elizabeth d’Huart, museum executive director, immediately saw the connection from Benicia’s past to the emerging future and has been an energetic and supportive partner in making the Expo possible.
Of course, the museum’s immediate proximity and connection to the Industrial Park make it a perfect venue. It is located at 2060 Camel Road and its neighbors are AMPORTS and CODA — if fact the two are literally across the street. From where the museum sits on the hill, you can overlook the tremendous economic engine of Benicia below.
The museum contains a first-class permanent exhibit, “Benicia’s Industrial Legacy,” that occupies the entire first floor. This exhibit will be open to the public attending the CleanTech Expo in the museum hall. Physically seeing the progression in the use of tools and materials from our past to the revolution in clean technology, products and services drives home just how important that industrial legacy is to an emerging and sustainable future.
Here’s the lineup of Expo exhibitors, in their own words:
• Allied Waste Services provides high-quality, comprehensive solid waste and recycling collection services for residential and commercial customers. We conduct our operations in a safe, ethical and environmentally conscious manner and dedicate our resources to improving the quality of life within the communities we serve.
• Ally Electric and Solar has been delivering comprehensive electrical and solar services in a timely manner, with genuine commitment to quality on every project, since our inception. From design to finish, our experienced electricians provide the expertise to ensure your electrical project in the Bay Area is completed on time, on budget and up to code.
• Benicia Magazine is a unique and sophisticated publication that showcases the many delightful things about this waterfront community and surrounding areas.
• Bio Clean LLC, in concert with the developer Vorsana Inc., represents a new generation of agricultural waste and manure treatment technology and devices for agricultural producers.
• California eBike is able to provide you with the best quality electric bike conversion kit in North America using the most advanced lithium ion batteries, motors and controllers. We can provide them in a variety of powers, in a variety of sizes to suit nearly all adult bikes, and in a variety of styles.
• Carbon Lighthouse makes it profitable for commercial and industrial properties to become carbon neutral through a blend of energy efficiency, renewable energy and carbon permit retirement. We focus our efforts on low capital improvements that result in high carbon savings and reduced energy costs.
• City of Benicia Office of Economic Development is responsible for implementing the adopted Economic Development Strategy (2007), facilitating businesses relocating to or expanding within Benicia, monitoring the status of the city’s economy, recommending strategies, initiatives, and projects to improve economic vitality citywide, and representing the city’s developable real estate interests.
• Community Sustainability Commission was inaugurated in 2010. Its purpose is to educate, advocate and provide oversight for integrated solutions that seek a sustainable equilibrium for economic, ecological and social health and well-being, both now and in the future. The commission has oversight for the city of Benicia’s Climate Action Plan and makes grant recommendations to City Council for energy and water efficiencies made possible by the Valero-Good Neighbor Steering Committee Settlement.
• CODA Automotive designs, manufactures and sells electric vehicles and lithium-ion battery systems purpose-built for transportation and utility applications. Our vision is to be the key technology provider to reduce global dependence on oil and the harmful social, economic and environmental consequences that follow. Our focus is green technology.
• Diablo Solar Services has been a San Francisco Bay Area leader in solar energy systems for 27 years. We offer industry-leading Fafco solar pool heating systems to heat even the largest pools. We also provide solar PV electric panels for electricity production.
• Dominican University of California Green MBA approaches sustainability as a complex issue — not only studying and using existing tools, frameworks and practices, but also creating new ways of thinking about how to resolve and mitigate complex issues such as climate change.
• Energy Upgrade California/Solano County helps you make home improvements that can save energy and make your home more comfortable.
• Rae Lynn Fiscalini, Architect, AIA, LEED AP, is an architecture, landscape and sustainability design studio in the San Francisco Bay Area, since 1990. David Subocz, principal of William de Ess Studios of Santa Cruz, since 1991, is a Certified Green Building Professional with expertise in energy efficiency, structural design and fabrication, and historic preservation.
• Fortune Marketing Company will help your business grow by installing a marketing system that works!
• F3-Inc. combines 3-D laser scanning, high-precision digital levels along with GPS surveying to place your project correctly on the appropriate datum or boundary survey accompanied with aerial imagery for visual presentation.
• Industrial Asset Recycling specialize in targeted commercial and industrial asset liquidation solutions for companies who want to maximize their use of cash from non-performing capital investments.
• iSystems Technology Inc. offers a wide range of personalized services to accommodate your businesses technology needs. We can custom tailor any of our services into a single package that is easy to maintain.
• Jefferson Street Mansion is a Civil War-era mansion that has been fully restored. Located in the Historic Benicia Arsenal where Generals Sherman and Grant once resided, it is available for overnight accommodations, a fine dining experience or to host a special event or wedding reception.
• KIVA products give you the freedom to embark on new adventures with durable, fun, and functional bags that look great and roll with any style. Our eco friendly gear is designed and manufactured to hold up to even the most demanding explorer; so we can protect your belongings, and protect the earth.
• Pacific Crown Builders applies the modern principles of building science to analyze and upgrade the energy performance, health and safety with the comfort of your house.
• Sustainable Energy Associates is a mechanical engineering and business development firm providing services to the energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability industries. SEA does program design, business development, LEED application review and consulting, and project implementation for schools and colleges, public agencies and municipalities, utilities, and resource management companies.
• WattzOn makes it simple and easy for consumers to understand how they use energy and their opportunities to save.
It’s free, there are big prizes and the Expo is important
The Benicia CleanTech Expo is free and there will be drawings for prizes: an iPad (Nov. 2) and an electric bicycle valued at $2,000 (Nov. 3). There will be workshops on the half hour that address clean tech opportunities, greening the business and home, solar photovoltaics, converting your bicycle to electric and more.
Clean technologies offer a transitional path to a profitable and low-carbon future. The Expo is an important recognition of the road Benicia is on.